Daily rambles about quilting, gardening, reading, cooking and just plain old being.

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

52 Things

I'm just starting to feel like (after two years of grad school) I'm about to get my life back. Of course, I'll be looking for a part-time job and I have a full-time job here on the farm so time will still be limited, but I won't have deadlines and trips to the city and long lists of assignments and readings. My thesis should be finished in the next few months, and then I can really reclaim my life.

With this in mind I've been thinking about the last two years (and feeling like they are lost forever...years). I've been thinking about reclaiming a year and I've been stuck on the number 52.

Here are some things I would like to do:

Identify 52 birds, butterflies, plants, flowers, and trees at Owl Tree Farm
Try 52 new recipes
Read 52 books
Watch 52 movies
Piece 52 Farmer's Wives blocks
Create/Finish 52 handmade items
Give myself 52 hours of yoga
Prairie Verbena
Verbena bipinnatifida


No comments: