Daily rambles about quilting, gardening, reading, cooking and just plain old being.

Saturday, January 26, 2013

OVER-whelmed and UNDER-motivated

This morning I started making a list of all the things I needed to do today or tomorrow or in the next few days or weeks and I began to feel completely overwhelmed. That happens to me a lot, so I know what to do. I got myself dressed, organized the lists for errands only, then headed out. Rather than start on errands right away, I stopped in at my favorite local antique mall, Witherspoon's. 

(I took this from their Facebook page).


I didn't even make it in the door before I had an armload (that usually doesn't happen) but I found all kinds of cool things on the "porch." The big find of the day: a cutter quilt for $15.

There is definitely $15 worth of usable quilty goodness in this one. I don't know what I'm going to do with it just yet, but as usual I have IDEAS! 

I love going into Witherspoon's because the people are friendly, the booths change pretty frequently, and it is usually quiet and uncrowded. I usually  come away with a treasure or two and a renewed sense of calm. There is always something to inspire me.

 After a visit to Witherspoon's I can usually tackled the list of errands without feeling like my head is going to explode.

Remember that dream I mentioned last post? One part of that dream also includes having a booth at Witherspoon's. There I said it. 

No comments: