Daily rambles about quilting, gardening, reading, cooking and just plain old being.

Sunday, February 1, 2009

Stop Grasping for Control of the Uncontrollable

I've been having some issues just letting go and going with the flow...though that is what I want to do in my heart, I'm just a little too controlling to really let it happen. I'm especially having trouble with my schedule at work, but it bleeds into my whole world; the errands, the chores, the duties and obligations....I feel pulled in too many directions because I can't just let some things go....

I found the following typed and saved as a Word document, so clearly at some point I thought it applicable to my life. I had forgotten about it and as usual, just when I needed to be reminded that I cannot control everything, there it was to remind me.

From Yoga Journal:

Every morning repeat a gatha (mindfulness verse):

"Great is the matter of birth and death; impermanence surrounds us. Be awake each moment; do not waste your life."

The article went on to say: "Life doesn't give you breathing room, but if you stop grasping for control of the uncontrollable, you can learn to breathe through it all."

1 comment:

CK said...

I'm guessing Saturday didn't go well.....

Sorry for the schedule nonsense. blech.